Friday, February 5, 2010

Indian Theme Event: A Snapshot

As a planner I get involved with kinds of events. While weddings are my favorite I enjoy planning so much it does not really matter. I go around taking mental pictures of things, concepts, colors, ideas that I could use at my next event. I often joke that I have an extra pocket in my brain where I file all of these things. Well somehow my planning gene was passed down to my oldest daughter (no scientific proof) and she has been planning her Indian Sweet Sixteen for a year now. She still has three years to go, however as with any client when they begin to express their wishes and visions for their event, I begin to take those snapshots in my head. Snapshots of colors, saris, invitations and well so much more.

I came across a post highlighting Kemba Celebrations, an Etsy shop. Kemba Celebrations creates layered handmade wedding invitations and stationery inspired by world prints and themes. The wife and husband team are inspired by areas such as Asia, India, Africa and Europe.

I really was impressed with their intepretation of Indian architecture on paper (snapshot). When I showed the site to my daughter (client) she was overjoyed and decided that this would make it into her planning file.

Here are a few of my favorite:


Persian Tile Pattern

Indian Paisley



Lotus Floral Print

Visit Kemba Celebrations and be Inspired by the exotic far east.

1 comment:

  1. Just loved this post... coming from SITS. Random, but are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin