Saturday, May 16, 2009
Summer favors - Sunflower Favors
It is my pleasure to network with great wedding professionals. Erin Carlson is the owner of Sunflower Favors, her company offers unique wedding favors. As the summer wedding season begins,I thought it would be great for Erin to give us some advice of choosing summer wedding favors. Erin also shares some of her personal favorites. So if you have not ordered your favors yet check out Sunflower Favors for great favors.
- Needless to say, considering my profession, I LOVE the summer season! Everywhere you look there is buzz about someone getting engaged, planning a wedding, or getting married. What’s not to love about that? With the summer season upon us, it’s time to start showcasing great wedding supplies and decorations, starting with wedding favors. Sunflower Favors offers an extensive selection of both contemporary and traditional wedding favors bound to unveil your personal style. As the owner of Sunflower Favors, I see MANY favors come across my desk. Here are some of my summer favorites:
1. Flip Flop Photo Frame: As delightful and breezy as a walk on the beach, these color-rich flip-flop frames can be used as place card holders, or you can add a favorite 2” x 1 ½” photo of the happy couple. They’re also great gifts for your beach-wedding welcome bag.
2. Beaches Tin Pail Candle with Authentic Shells: These 'beaches' candle tins are buckets of fun! Three authentic shells are suspended in the wax of the tin pail candle, which features a lively scallop-conch-starfish print and is tied with a sheer white organza ribbon. Sure to charm your guests! No beach side wedding would be complete without it!
3. Hot Wedding Theme Sunscreen: It's a nice gesture to give your guests something to make them more comfortable at your wedding. With the growing popularity of beach and island weddings, we've designed the perfect favor to coordinate with your event. These travel sized containers are filled with SPF 15 Sunscreen and will protect your guests from the harmful rays of the sun.
4. Nothing Is Sweeter Than Love Lemonade: Nothing is sweeter than love but our personalized lemonade mix sure comes close! Treat guests to this refreshingly sweet summertime drink. A perfect complement to any outdoor event. Create the perfect lemonade gift by pairing it with our optional heart handle mini whisk.
Even with a highlight of my favorite favors, choosing your wedding favors can be difficult! Here are some helpful tips in choosing the perfect wedding favor for your event:
1. 1. Make sure your favors reflect your personal style. Essentially, this is a personal gift from you and your (now!) husband, so make sure they can see it’s from you.
2. Don’t be too trendy! Fashions and designs come and go so quickly, that you don’t want to look back in 5 years wondering what you were thinking! Choose a favor that’s contemporary, but that will also withstand the test of time.
3. Coordinate your favors with your overall wedding theme. Whether you are having a fall wedding with deep oranges and reds, a beach wedding with sunsets and flip-flops, or a Las Vegas theme with dealers and poker chips – let your wedding favors match the occasion!
4. Choose wedding favors that are within your budget. No need to break the bank for favors – remember, you need hundreds of them! Take the time to shop around for the best deal – affordable favors are out there!
5. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone – please you! Just come to terms and face it right now – there is no way you will find a favor that everyone will like. Trust me, it’s impossible! So just remember, it’s your wedding – get what YOU want!
6. Order your favors early. Although you have to wait to get a somewhat accurate count of who will be attending, do not leave your favor ordering to the last minute. You don’t want to be the bride whose wedding favor shipment arrives the day after the wedding!
Best of luck with your event and happy planning!