November's Inspired giveaway is sponsored by Luv to Peek Bridal, an Etsy Shop. This month's winner will win a garter that she could use for herself or use as a gift to a bride-to-be. This contest will be open from Monday November 23, 2009 - December 4, 2009.
Wedding traditions are fun , but how did they start. Here is the history behind the wedding garter courtesy of Mygarter.com
The "garter," which was a garment used to hold up stockings, became the sought-after item. This tradition evolved as the groom began removing the garter and tossing it to the guests so they would not endanger the bride. Fortunately we still practice this very tradition today. The bride typically wears the garter on her right leg as the groom removes it during the reception. He then tosses the garter to the single men in attendance. The gentleman who catches the garter is the proud recipient of the "good luck" and is said to be the next to be married.
While some brides continue with the traditional garter custom, others will wear two garters: one to be removed at the reception for tossing and the other to be kept as a keepsake of her wedding day.
Many brides decide to make their garters blue so they have "something old, something new, something borrowed and something BLUE." However, this isn’t entirely necessary. Any bride can still use traditional white garters and even create garters in colors to match their wedding themes.
1. Subscribe to this post via RSS Feed or email.
2. Visit our sponsor, http://www.etsy.com/shop/Peekb4
3. Come back and post a comment about one other item in the shop.
4. End your comment with November giveaway
5. You will earn 1 extra entries for advertising this giveaway on Twitter, your blog or any other social site, . Come back and post a comment with the link to earn your extra entry.
6. You may enter daily, come back and comment on any other post, end your comment with "November Giveaway"